Sunday, March 6, 2011

Collections with a difference


When I was growing up, I was fond of collecting stamps. So much so that I lost count of the albums I had. God only knows where they are now. And I remember 6 out of 10 people had the same interest at that point in time.

However , Its interesting to know and see people who have passion for collecting things with a difference. For instance, an ex-colleague of mine used to collect spoons and had a display of all the spoons he collected from all over the world. I reckon he would have a huge collection by now. Another intersting collection which one of my relatives has is collection of  "Ganesha" . As of now the count stands at 168, Ganesha in various forms and shapes :-), which makes me conclude that Ganesha is the most customised god :-) ..Interestingly , save for a  few. most of the collectibles of this collection (of Ganesha) have been gifted by someone or the other :-)

Here are few pictures from the collection. The best one that i liked is "Ganesha in a crystal"

No comments:

Post a Comment