Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrating Women's day

International Womens day is being observed on Mar 8th for a long time now. Since 1911 to be precise. What started as a political move has now lost most of the political flavor and has given way for people to express their love and gratitude for all the women in their life.


It surely has caught up in India as well. I know of a few friends of mine who argue that they dont need a "women's day" to show affection. Some feel its more of commercial value. Anyways, will leave that aside for now.


I was driving back home from work and spent a good amount of time inching my way through the city traffic, and during this time i notice atleast 20 women having either a gift box or a bouquet of flowers in their hand. And corporate houses doing their bit to encourage and promote this.


Multiple thoughts ran across my mind and I realised that though we (read men mostly) have deep respect/gratitude towards women, we dont express it , or sometimes the expression of love is just being silent ;-) , and here is an opportunity to express that gratitude/love towards the women (spouse/mother/sisters/friends) in our lives.


To all the women in my life, I love u and grateful for the contribution you make to my life.


Be right Back :-)

1 comment: